Integrated R&D&I activity on field of climate- environment- health protection, bioenergetics and biotechnologies.
Microalgae and archae
MAIN UPSCALED SIMULATED PARAMETERS
- The average bioconversion rate : 1 ton of CO2 generates 0,755 ton microalgae biomass and 0,473 ton bio-oxygen
- 100 m3 DPHCBR daily generates(depending of algae strain properties)
- 1 500- 4 500 kg algae biomass or specifical 15- 45 kg/m3/d
- The biodiesel extractable from 1 500 kg algae is 875 liter, which is enough to travel 17 500 km way by car
- 100 m3 DPHCBR produces daily 6.38 kg of bio-hydrogen, equivalent of 734 MJ (204 kWh) green energy
- 100 m3 DPHCBR producesdaily 4 500 kg gasifiable energy algae1 350 kWh of equivalent energy, the specific value is 13,5 kWh/d
- From 1 500 kg algae can be extracted 825 kg of Ώ- 3 fatty-acid,the daily requirement of 1 adult is : 1.15 g/d
- 1 ton of microalgae biomass contains 750-900 kg of organical matters with 300 kW bioenergetical potencial
- Heating value of 1 ton algae: 30- 35 GJ or 8,33 – 9,72 MWh
- Max. utilisable energy (cogen, trigen): 7,50-8,75 MWh/ton algae,from which electric: 3 -3,5 MWh
Archaea based intensification of biotechnological processes:
- Intensification of biomethanisation process of anaerobical digestion- archae contribution up to 30% increasing process yield
- High integration of biotechnological, environment and climate protecting processes,
- Very high efficiency in pollution control of waste-water: archae and microalgae for increase of biological treatment efficiency
- CO2, GHG – atmospheric pollutants and extreme climate phenomena producing gases, bioconversation to valuable energetical and biotechnological products
- Waste to energy factory of the complex with anaerobical intensified digesters,
- Pyrolysis reactors for non-biodegradable organical wastes, biorefinery capacities for diversification of biofuels
- Contribution to soil bioremediation, biodiversity conservation by high quality biofertilizers
Opportunities of application and perspectives:
- Adaptability to specific needs of Hungary, Europe and worldwide
- The implementations represent high social impacts for improving the quality of climate, environment and health protection, reducing the extreme climate phenomena, production of high amount of renewable energies.
- The economical efficiency is very high, compared to traditional processes by decresing of reactor capacities, investment and operational costs, valuable bioenergetical and biotechnological products, high amount of tradable CO2
- The specific technico-economical parameters will be determined by feasibility studies
- Boundless perspectives by introducing in industrial use of new archae, combinations of process with other microorganisms, development of technical contents
- The use of this complex ensure the biotechnology- and bioenergy-based sustainable development
Connection to biogas, landfill gas composting plants:
- increase of the amount of biogas, biometan content, bioenergy production
- biofertilizer production for land remediation- and regeneration
- holistic carbon dioxide utilisation (biogas and stock gas converting into algae products, carbon quota commercialisation)
- opportunity of combination by other productive divisions
- shorting of time of return of investment funds
Connection to bioethanol and other carbon dioxide, climate gas emission plants (fossil and biomass power plants,cement factories, heating plants, pyrolysis plants):
- emission utilisation with production of microalgae and biotechnological products
- intensive quote trade
- own energy production
Connection to other renewable energy plants (wind, photovoltaics)
- use of not taken energy in network
- use of biohydrogen produced by water electrolysis
Connection to wastewater treatment plants
- transfer of biooxygen and biological intensification additives
- increase of biological treatment efficiency
- production of high quality excess sludge for biofertilisation or biomethanisation use
- realisation of zero carbon emission of WWTP
- decreasing of operational costs
Connection to CNG, LBM production plants
- increasing the capacity to produce gaseous biofuel for substitution of fossil fuel
Connection to biodiesel, bioethanol production plants, biorefinery and filling stations
- increasing the capacity to produce liquid biofuels for substitution of fossil fuel
Connection to waste recycling factories
- implementing waste to energy systems with zero carbon emission
Connection to wood processing factories
- high efficiency wood waste to energy application
- designing, expertising and project coordination activity
- oversight of photobioreactors and complexes
- on field measuring and testing
- technology controll and optimisation
Our microalgae technology is ready to be challenged industrially and to verify itself since we can provide turnkey, optimal solutions (including licensing and the optimisation of operation).
The primary objective is to establish an industrial test plant in order to facilitate the scaling of a large equipment (up to 10 tonns/day CO2 / 5 tonns/day algae, 0,625 MWel capacity), which requires 100 m3 photobioreactor capacity. Alternatively a biofuel plant can be connected, in this case up to 1600 litres of biofuel can be produced daily from the above mentioned amount of algae. The plant could serve as a reference and it could facilitate the planning of large scale plants.
The plant is automatised, processes are controlled through multi-function measures and local as well as remote supervision computer systems. The technology is closed, visualized on computer, products not expose water or air pollution. It is advantageous to situate the plant near already existing thermal wells, mineral springs, as well as large carbon dioxide or climate gas emitting plants such as: power plants, heating plants sewage plants, chemical factories, bioethanol plants, wineries, sugar factories, lime-kiln, charcoal burners, biogas plants, and other fermentation plants in order to market carbon dioxide. During the process the dissolved and bound carbon dioxide content of the feed water is also utilized.
After the installation of the large scale equipment the smaller unit will have a pre-propagation and a mode of operation changing preparatory function. During the operation of the smaller equipment further research on biotechnological procedures can be conducted, the optimisation of the automated process control can be carried out, the computerised data collection simulation processing can be done, and a feasibility study can be made for the implementation of future capacities. The plant size can be altered as required, the producing factory units can be attained collectively or independently, even gradual implementation is possible. The plant can be enlarged in a modular way as new product developments or new needs and requirements surface.
The energy consumption of the plant is 15-20% of the generated energy, however, the operational costs will be minimal in case there is thermal water, other types of water, own carbon dioxide supply (fermentation gas, biogas, flue gas, emission). The large volume of the products, their high added value will make the plant remarkably profitable with low expenses.
Integrated sustainable Climate-Environment-and Health Protection- Biotechnological – Bioenergetical and Biorefinery System (CliEnHePo3BiS) system for various use of microorganisms,waste to energy processes
Innovative aspects and advantages:
- Ready-to-use, optimised and remote-controlable system
- Effective, economical, industrial-sized bioenergy production by pollution and waste conversion
- Our system has 15-20-time higher effectiveness than the pipeline system, it’s demand on space is 40-60-fold smaller.
- Significantly lower service and operationing costs
- Several products, product lines, possibility to change/enlarge, sustainable development
- Real zero or negative carbon emission with the conversion of climate gases, no CO2 emission, oxygen production!
- UN Global Compact-WorldCob-award for climate protection
- Oxford Academy/GB&NI Patent Office No.:#2401351
- EU Comission – Sustainable Energy Europe Official Partner Certificate (reg. Nr.: EC-EACI- EEN 12 HU 50S2 3NVI)
Current and Potential Domains of application:
- Large possibility of application, adaptation to specific biotechnological, bioenergetical environmental- climate-, health protection and economical demands.
- Biotechnological microphytomass (BMP) use:
- preparation of human-, animal-, pet-, aquaculture nutraceuticals (HAPAN) with high content of essential fatty acids (EPA-eikozapenthaenic acid,DHA- docosahexaenic acid, ALA-alpha-linoleic acid, GLA- gamma- linoleic acid, DGLA-dihomo-gamma-linoleic acid, AA-arachidonic acid), single cell proteins(SCP), carotenoides(zeaxanthin,α-,β-carothens,lycopenes), antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins
- fine biopharmaceuticals and chemicals (astaxanthin-super E-vitamin, phycocianins, enzymes, bioreagents, phlorotannins,substituents of kalium-iodure in radioactive effects protection, heavy metal toxine elimination from organisms, pigments, detergents, biopolimers) used in food- and feed industry, cosmetical, chemical, pharmaceutical (anticancer, HIV, refractory diseases, pharmaceutical ingredients, archaeocins-antibiuotic) industry and biological laboratory use.
- biofertilizers (agricultural carbon emission mitigation in addition of specific fertilizer role) and biological growing medias (agar)
- the BMP of different strains independently or mixed with other bioactive substances to be utilized in wellness-, balneo- and thalassotherapie (WBT).
- climate and environment protection by carbon elimination, carbon capture and sequestration, use of CO2 stored, wastewater-, soil and waste bioremediation, hazardous waste decontamination,biofiltering of air
- Energy, energy carriers and fuels
- Trigen bioenergy (electricity,heat,cool),steam based on waste to energy processes
- biofuels (biomethan, biohydrogen, bioil, bioalcools, biogasoline, biodiesel, biokerosene, biorefinery products)
- use in nuclear energy carriers production (uranium, plutonium sequestration)
- the algae biomass, biochar, green crude can serve as energy carriers
- Natural resources valorification
- high efficiency water management
- use of water salinity, primary desalination treatment, facilitate the wastewater disposal without thermal water reinjection
- use of all CO2- rich gas reservoirs
- use of excedentar phytobiomass
- use of archaea to extraction of gold, cobalt and cooper
- Obtening of high economical advantages
- lower operational costs of whole complex
- excedentar energy,biofuels supplies
- by-products with high added value
- carbon cotas origination
- auspicious returne rate of investment
- sustainability of development
The design of whole fasctory complex with multiple use and different size is fully finalized simulated, ready for developing of feasibility study,authorization and execution projects.
Dynamical photocatalytical bioreactors (own development):
- High efficiency, low surface requirement, low operational costs, fully automatized and on-line monitorized processes, complex instrumentation, data processing and IT
Complete engineering work:
- Tőzsér, Béla
european engineer, industrial bioenergy, biotechnology, biotechnology, environment and climate protection, ecological products, water analysis and water treatment, senior expert, bioengineering technology, water engineering, senior design engineer, energy and water management constructions technical head and supervisor, energy and biotechnology auditor, project manager, MMK 17-0017, EU16931, WEF 1687301EUC-REA: CT-EX2006C115235, EUC-EACI: CT-EX 2008C00483, EU Commission – Reg.Nr. EC-EACI- EEN 12 HU 50S2 3NVI; UN UNIDO, FAO, WIPO registration; Nr.:237942; company wasregistered to the United Nations Global Marketplace (WIPO, UNIDO, FAO) at February 2013; H2020 evaluator C115235-107/2015